Sunday 24 June 2012

Work at home Zombie?

Welcome to my inaugural post!

For those who are curious - Some years ago I took an overseas posting with an up-and-coming startup. The company had interesting products but a typical dot-bomb business plan and so its market cap graph looked like the cross section of the Matterhorn except it very much made it back down to sea-level on the after-side.

Consequently when I returned from my secondment there was actually no company to employ me as it had been sold off/chewed up/spat out. Instead they kept me on but I worked from home (10 hours out of sync with the office!)

When I left to return home from my overseas posting I found it a bit like leaving the company - they had a lunch and wished me well etc. I wasn't quite leaving though as I was still in contact via conference calls and email. I found it very much like the employment version of being un-dead (un-fired).

And hence the WAHZ label was born.

Anyway I am a software developed specializing in PKI software, security, C++ and general Windows development. I like Java, have written way more perl than I'll admit and I like designing stuff before I cobble it together. I have threes children that very much fill my schedule outside of work and a busy wife that teaches primary schoolers.

My plan is to use this blog to publish tid-bits of software techniques or design information I come up with. Also I'll publish information about my few home projects (both technical and construction) and stuff the kids are up to and what I'm reading.

Hope you enjoy it. I'll try not to get bored with posting to it too soon.

1 comment: