Wednesday 18 July 2012

TNT Tracking is weird

I am still waiting (with breath held) for my retina MacBook Pro. They weren't kidding about 3-4 weeks and are about to take it to 4 weeks to the day.

Anyway it went to shipped on Tuesday evening but the tracking number came up with no information until late yesterday. By then it showed the package had left the airport in Shanghai but nearly a day earlier.

Today the status is the same which seems odd. I noticed you can choose your country (the default when you click through from the Apple store is UK for some reason) at the top of the page so I changed to Australia, copied and pasted the tracking number in again and now I see it has arrived in Australia! (but none of the details from China).

Then I thought I would try making china my country (you can choose English language) and this time I have a bunch more scan entries from china.

I have to ask - what is the point of a tracking system where you have to search multiple countries for the status of your package? I reckon the package will be delivered before the initial UK tracking site updates the status.

I'm sure TNT is under some stress if Apple are using them to ship all their new shiny MacBooks but still... Useless...

1 comment:

  1. TNT is shit! I was waiting my new phone,until they called me and sayed that i already missed 2 deliveries,because i wasnt at home! then they had to come back next day,i was waiting all day,nobody didnt arrive...Then they called me again and sayed if i will not be at home next day,they had to return my parcel to the sender. Again i was waiting all day until they called again and sayed that i missed the delivery!AGAIN! I was sooooo angry,because i defenitely was at home,but nobody came,nobody rang a doorbell,nothing...I was talking with them in a angry manner,and they agreed to deliver my parcel the last time. Finnally,i got it....What i know now,that i will never ever have a busness with them! Sorry for my English.

    ReplyDelete